U14 RAPIDS 2016 SPRING/SUMMER INFO
We will field one U14 squad. The U14 team will be participating in JPOL and games are played 11v11.
U14 tryouts will be held on Monday March 28 from 5:30-7:30pm at Bolen Park, Leesburg. Registration is required along with a $10 evaluation fee. New players will participate as an initial tryout. Returning Rapids players will participate as en evaluation.
Tryouts are now complete. If you are interested in our programs, please email our
Players are expected to arrive at practice a few minutes early to begin warm up. Players need to maintain a steady attendance rate throughout the season for this program. Players who are not meeting the participation requirement may be dismissed/suspended from the program with no refund.
U14 practices will be held on Mondays, 5:30-7:30pm at Bolen Park and Wednesdays, 5:30-7:30pm at Evergreen Sportsplex. Practices will begin April 4 and end on June 1. Players participating in the Summer Bash at the Beach Tournament will have practices throughout June and July. Specific practice details will be posted on the Team Page calendars.
Conditioning sessions are included in your fees. U14 players can participate on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30pm at Sport & Health Brambleton, 42365 Soave Dr, Brambleton, VA 20148 OR Tuesdays from 7:00-8:30pm at Worldgate Sport & Health, 13037 Worldgate Dr, Herndon, VA 20170.
All players must wear their Rapids pinnie to each practice. All players must also have a Potomac Rapids uniform to be worn at all tournaments/events. Uniform package cost is $135 for 2 jerseys, 1 kilt, and 2 pairs of socks. Returning players do not need to purchase a new uniform.
Program pricing per squad includes all practices on grass and turf, conditioning sessions, tournaments, and coach expenses. Player transportation, accommodations, and meals related to tournaments are the responsibility of the player and are not included in the fees.
• U14 Full JPOL - $870. Upon acceptance of Squad space, $435 is due immediately. The balance of $435 is due by April 2.
• U14 4-day JPOL - $779. Upon acceptance of Squad space, $390 is due immediately. The balance of $389 is due by April 2.
• U14 3-day JPOL - $733. Upon acceptance of Squad space, $367 is due immediately. The balance of $366 is due by April 2.
• U14 2-day JPOL - $687. Upon acceptance of Squad space, $344 is due immediately. The balance of $343 is due by April 2.
The U14 squad will attend JPOL on the following dates:
• Sat April 16: Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ 08028
• Sat April 23: Garrison Forrest School, 300 Garrison Forest Road, Owings Mills, MD 21117
• Sat April 30: Maple Zone, 1451 Conchester Highway, Garnet Valley, PA 19061
• Sun May 8: University of Delaware, Rullo Stadium (astro turf), 631 South College Ave, Newark, DE 19716
• Sat May 21: Total Turf, 614 Lambs Road, Pitman, NJ 08071
• Sat June 4 (Championships): Maple Zone, 1451 Conchester Highway, Garnet Valley, PA 19061
The U14 Rapids may be attending the following events. These events are not part of the core program; separate evaluations and practices will be held for these specific events. Additional fees will apply.
• Summer Bash at the Beach, Fri July 22-Sun July 24, National Training Center, 2181 Landstown Rd, VA Beach, VA 23456
These special events are multi-day national USA Field Hockey event and have a "Stay to Play" policy as per USA Field Hockey. It is mandatory that all teams make hotel arrangements through the designated travel provider. PFH will designate which of the two hotels offered will be our team hotel. Parents & players agree that the players will abide by team curfews, team bonding, team meals & tournament player code of conduct. The cost for this is not included in the program price. Details regarding the hotel will be released after selections to the squad. When a club blocks their rooms, players only have 10 days after that to make their reservations.