U16 RAPIDS 2016 SPRING/SUMMER INFO
We will field two U16 squads. The U16 JPOL-RCC team will be participating in JPOL with games that are played 11v11 plus some ad hoc tournaments available. The U16 sevens team will be participating in 7 a side tournaments.
U16 tryouts will be held on Monday March 14, 5:00-7:00pm at Dulles Sportsplex, Sterling. Registration is required along with a $10 evaluation fee. New players will participate as an initial tryout. Returning Rapids players will participate as an evaluation.
Tryouts are now complete. If you are interested in our programs, please email our
Players are expected to arrive at practice a few minutes early to begin warm up. Players need to maintain a steady attendance rate throughout the season for this program. Players who are not meeting the participation requirement may be dismissed/suspended from the program with no refund.
U16 practices will be held on Mondays, 7:30-9:30pm at Bolen Park and Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30pm at Evergreen Sportsplex. Practices will begin March 28th and end on June 15th.
Conditioning sessions are included in your fees. U16 players can participate on Tuesdays from 7:00-8:30pm and Saturdays when possible from 9:30-11:00am at Worldgate Sport & Health, 13037 Worldgate Dr, Herndon, VA 20170.
All players must wear their Rapids pinny to each practice. All players must also have a Potomac Rapids uniform to be worn at all tournaments/events. Uniform package cost is $135 for 2 jerseys, 1 kilt, and 2 pairs of socks. Returning players do not need to purchase a new uniform. Rental uniforms are available.
Program pricing per squad includes all practices on grass and turf, conditioning sessions, tournaments, and coach expenses. Player transportation, accommodations, and meals related to tournaments are the responsibility of the player and are not included in the fees.
- U16 Full JPOL - $1136. Upon acceptance of Squad space, $379 is due immediately. Second payment of $379 is due by April 19. Final payment of $378 due by May 19.
- U16 2 w/e JPOL - $1039. Upon acceptance of Squad space, $379 is due immediately. Second payment of $379 is due by April 19. Final payment of $281 due by May 19.
- U16 1 w/e JPOL - $942. Upon acceptance of Squad space, $379 is due immediately. Second payment of $379 is due by April 19. Final payment of $184
- U16 Sevens Squad - $855 per player with $428 due immediately and $427 due by April 19th.
The U16 JPOL-RCC squad will attend JPOL on the following dates:
• April 9/10: National Training Center, 2181 Landstown Rd, VA Beach, VA 23456
• May 21 & 22: River City Sportsplex, 13030 Genito Rd, Midlothian, VA 23112
• June 11/12: National Training Center, 2181 Landstown Rd, VA Beach, VA 23456
The U16 JPOL-RCC squad will also participate in:
- April 3: Goucher College Tournament 7 v 7
- May 1: Goucher College Tournament 7 v 7
- June 4: Regional Club Championships (RCCs), National Training Center, 2181 Landstown Rd, VA Beach, VA 23456
The U16 sevens squad will attend four 7 v 7 events with a tentative schedule of:
- April 16: Spring Cup, Fredericksburg Field House, Fredericksburg, VA
- May 1: Goucher College Tournament, Baltimore, MD
- May 28: Cougar Field Hockey Tournament, Collegiate School Robins Campus, Henrico, VA
- Jun 18: Summer Smash, Maryland Turf Fields, Howard County, MD
AD HOC EVENTS
The U16 Rapids will attend the following ad hoc tournaments. These events are not part of the core program; separate evaluations and practices will be held for these specific events. An additional fee of $178 will apply of which $124 should be paid directly to Focus through Active.
• Sun June 19: Focus Field Hockey 7v7 College Recruiting Showcase, Warhill Sports Complex, 5700 Warhill Trail, Williamsburg, VA 23188
Should the U16 qualify for the National Club Championships (NCCs) as a result of their performance at RCCs, The U12 Rapids will be attending the following events. These events are not part of the core program; separate evaluations and practices will be held for these specific events. An additional fee of $249 will apply.
• July 10-12: National Club Championships (NCCs), National Training Center, 2181 Landstown Rd, VA Beach, VA 23456
These special events are multi-day national USA Field Hockey event and have a "Stay to Play" policy as per USA Field Hockey. It is mandatory that all teams make hotel arrangements through the designated travel provider. PFH will designate which of the two hotels offered will be our team hotel. Parents & players agree that the players will abide by team curfews, team bonding, team meals & tournament player code of conduct. The cost for this is not included in the program price. Details regarding the hotel will be released after selections to the squad. When a club blocks their rooms, players only have 10 days after that to make their reservations.